The DJI Mavic Air. It is such a compact and sturdy little drone. But there is only so much stress a drone can handle when it is just 15oz (430g) heavy (or in fact… light!).
Whether you want to store your drone at home, or if you want to bring it when visiting a friend, or going hiking or any other outdoor activity and you want to bring your Mavic with you… It is always (and we mean ALWAYS ) smart to SCRATCHproof, DUSTproof, WATERproof or ANY-SORT-OF-DAMAGEproof your precious drone.
In this article, we picked top 3 items for each category.
1. option is our HIGH-END choice.
2. option is the MID-RANGE choice.
3. option is our LOW-END (but still very capable) choice for that particular category.
Small Cases / Bags
Hard cases provide ruggedized protection for your valuable equipment. Amateur and professional photo-video makers rely on these hard cases for impact-resistant and shock-absorbent protection.
Padded internal panel dividers allow a clean organization of your Mavic and its equipment — filters, battery packs, props, media accessories, etc.
Waterproof cases are ideal for nautical and recreational use — on the boat, on the beach or at the pool, your drone will be protected from the elements.
You don’t want your Mavic to get splashed by somebody jumping a belly-flop, right?
Whatever your needs are, we have a hard case that will protect your precious Mavic.
- fitted with a custom foam insert to safely and efficiently store the DJI Mavic AIR quadcopter, remote controller, one spare intelligent flight battery, smartphone and other accessories
- waterproof (IP67 rated), dustproof, shockproof
- two Powerclaw (patented) triple action latches molded in super-tough Nylon keep the case securely closed using compressive force
- with a custom foam insert to safely and efficiently store the DJI Mavic AIR quadcopter, remote controller, one spare intelligent flight battery, smartphone and other accessories
- automatic purge valve equalizes pressure on the inside of the case when traveling
- designed to survive the toughest journey
- lockable with optional TSA padlocks
- the case provides the protection to ensure a smooth and secure transport/carrying for your drone
- made of quality PP in injection molding, which provides better protection from impacts, drops and bumps
- the outside material is waterproof
- the inside of the case is lined with lots of slots
- easy to carry – there is a handle on this carrying case, it is convenient for carry-on and transport your quadcopter on the go, the case is extremely portable that only 2.2kg
Shoulder drone bags provide protective portability for your valuable Mavic. Perfect for the amateur photographer or a professional, these semi-rigid drone bags offer security from the elements on the outside and nice layout on the inside. These bags provide efficient organization so your batteries, props, ND filters, memory cards, etc. are always well stored, secured and of course easy to carry.
- nylon fabric
- backpack shell Material: PU
- backpack inner shell: EVA
- portable and durable, easy to carry, lightweight, small size design, shoulder backpack
- dimension: 34x26x9cm; weight: Approx. 0.83kg
- ideal for travel or home storage
- made of high-density EVA material for more durable
- adjustable padded shoulder strap design can relieve pressure on your shoulders
- You can carry the Mavic Air and its accessories with this bag, which holds: 1 × aircraft, 1 × controller, 3 × batteries, 1 × smartphone, 1 × battery charging hub, 1 × charger, and smaller accessories such as cables
- size: 240 × 165 × 95 mm
For outdoor activities, a solid backpack for your drone that distributes weight well is a must.
Backpacks distribute weight more evenly and naturally than a conventional camera bag: you will be carrying the load with both shoulders, and also some of it will be supported by the rear of your pelvis.
Huge backpacks for massive kit collections tend to be expensive, and have other drawbacks too. For example, they’re often too large to take as carry-on luggage when flying.
Here, we take a look at reasonably priced options.
They’re big enough to stow a lot of equipment but small enough to take anywhere, whether you’re traveling by train, plane, car, or even a bike.
- wrap-around dual zip closures and water-resistant lining keeps your gadget protected from the elements, whilst the durable nylon exterior offers impact and shock-resistance
- ultra-comfortable, padded shoulder straps and carrying handle offer all-day portability
- internal netted storage and front pocket zip compartment allows for you to keep all your important accessories to hand
- perfect accessory to prevent your drone from getting damaged or scratched
- hardshell waterproof exterior
- two-way zipper for easy access
- metal carrying hand strap
- comes with thick padding and waist belt, super comfortable to wear and perfect for heavy duty such as hiking
- anti-theft design: back zipper structure keeps your drone safe and secure.
We picked the most recommended accessories for the Mavic Air.
Take a look at our separate article best Mavic accessories.
Small Cases / Bags
Here we have some really mini and beautiful semi-hard cases, as well as a DJI Sleeve for your Mavic. These high-quality protective cases are specially molded to conform to the shape of the Mavic Air and its remote. Perfect to protect both your drone and the controller while on the go.
Given that these minimalistic hardshell cases don’t offer the best protection for your batteries, we suggest reading THIS guide in order to ensure that extra safety is provided.
- engineered specifically for the DJI Mavic Air (does not fit Mavic Pro / Platinum)
- fits: Aircraft, Remote, Charger, Charger Hub, 3 Extra Batteries, Filters, and Cables
- the custom-molded soft shell protects your Mavic Air
- compact design takes up minimal space in your pack
- designed for adventure, backed by a lifetime warranty
- the carrying case perfectly holds the Mavic Air aircraft for safe and easy transportation with a shock resistant hard shell casing.
- size: 190 × 110 × 71 mm
- can store MAVIC AIR drone, 3 batteries (1pc in AIR drone body)
- remote controller, charger, charging hub, data cable, etc
- portable and durable, easy to carry, lightweight
- the gear backpack medium is a compact, functional and ergonomically designed backpack
- access is easy thanks to dual zippers that open fully to expose the contents of the backpack
- inside the front cover are organizer pockets for small items like media and business cards, cleaning cloths, phones, wallets, pens, cables and LED lights
- the backpack comes with the option and proper connections to attach your tripod externally
- mini hardshell backpack
- outer material: PC hard shell, inside material EVA
- waterproof oxford cloth
- high-quality zipper, sponge strap, comfortable and convenient
- high strength handle, precise side locking, exquisite workmanship
- secure, easy-to-access zipper closure
- internal small pockets for storing small items
- heavy-duty top handle made of aluminum alloy
- soft lining protects your gears from shock, minor drops and bumps
- hard polished PC shell on the front to offer strength and durability while still beilightweight
Check out more Mavic gear HERE.
We hope this helped you. If you have any opinions on this, please leave a comment.
And if you would like to be notified when we publish useful articles like this one, please join the Newsletter below.